2-1/2 lbs red potatoes, 1/2-inch cubed with skins on
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
1 leek, sliced 1/4-inch strips
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
32 oz vegetable broth
- In a large stock pot, sauté cubed red potatoes and cauliflower in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add leeks, garlic, salt, and pepper; sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth while scrapping the bottom of stock pot; cover pot with lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove 2 cups of soup vegetables and place into a medium size bowl.
- Mash reserved vegetables in the bowl to a puree; return to the soup pot.
- Simmer through for another 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 - 10 cups.