1-1/2 to 2 lb beef roast
1 package beef onion soup mix
1 bottle German-style beer, ale, or porter plus 1 bottle of water
4 oz dry egg noodles
2 large ribs celery, roughly chopped
12 oz package spiraled beets, frozen
seasoned breadcrumbs for garnish
- Place beef roast in the greased crockpot and sprinkle with beef onion soup mix.
- Add a bottle of German beer plus 1 bottle of water over the beef roast, cover; cook for 10 hours on the low heat setting or 4 hours on high heat setting.
- Shred meat in the broth, set aside.
- Add 4 oz egg noodles in boiling water; cook al dente.
- Add chopped celery to the boiling noodles; cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add 12 oz spiraled beets; cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain noodles and vegetables; stir into shredded beef and broth.
- Ladle in large bowls; sprinkle with seasoned breadcrumbs.
Makes 4 - 6 servings.