1/2 – 3/4 hour to prep and cook
2 medium Yukon gold potatoes cut bite-size
- Throw potatoes in cold water and bring to boil.
- Boil 8-10 minutes while preparing rest of dish.
Splash of oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 servings pork cut in bite size pieces ( I use two thick boneless loin chops)
I large onion chopped
I/2 sweet red pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
Ground cumin to taste
2 or 3 large handfuls of greens (more if you like, I prefer spinach)
dash or two Pickapeppa (my preference) sauce or green tabasco
1/3 cup blueberries
2 tbsp. heavy cream
2 tbsp. blueberry (or other flavor) BBQ sauce
- Heat oil till hot. Add cumin seeds and give a quick stir.
- Throw in pork and stir-fry at high temp till just cooked through.
- Remove pork and seeds to dish. Reduce heat.
- Add another dash of oil and onions – sauté till translucent.
- Add peppers and garlic, sauté till peppers soften.
- Sprinkle with ground cumin to taste (optional).
- Add greens and stir till leaves wilt.
- Drain potatoes and add to pan, mix gently.
- Return pork to pan, stir till hot.
- Add blueberries, stir gently till blueberries glisten and warm.
- Mix cream with BBQ sauce and stir into mix. Heat till hot. Dish and serve immediately.
Alternatively boil potatoes just until tender before stir-frying pork meat. Let potatoes drain while meat cooks. Add a tsp each oil and butter to hot pan after removing pork and fry potatoes till they get a bit of color. Remove potatoes, lower heat and continue with recipe. Return potatoes and pork to pan together before adding cream. (I once substituted chicken for pork, but it’s not as flavorful or satisfying).